Thursday, April 5, 2012

Missin that NW atmosphere...

I happen to have a cold currently, soo I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to take my water bottle with me to school. TURNS OUT: Swedes have probably never seen a metal water bottle before in their life?? I had person after person look at me funny and ask some version of, "What are you drinking...?" and I would look back at them funny and say, "Uhh...water.." like that is the most obvious answer ever.. Cause in good old Bham no one would everrrr ask me what I was drinking...so that was what I learned today. Plus the idea of carrying around any type of water bottle that isn't bottled water you just bought, is rather uncommon here in Sweden. I am still a proud owner of my metal water bottle with gorillas on it! :) Yes, over and out for now!

1 comment:

  1. Could I ask a completely crazy question?? I'm going to this Rotary conference at the end of this week and each group has to represent a country. We choice Sweden, mainly because I love it so much, and want to go there. Haha. But we're meant to dress in either the traditional dress of the country or what they wear in today's times. So we are kind of stuck. :/ Do you have an ideas at all, or could you maybe tell us about what they wear today?? Is it any different from what Americans or other Western countries wear? Sorry, for such a random question. And I really love your blog..I'd really like to go on student exchange to Sweden and I enjoy reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete